After winter and the holiday season you want to lose weight. BUT you do enjoy life and the smell and taste of good food. Well, here is an idea for a nice meal. It looks festive and is full of vitamines so whether you eat it by yourself or treat your loved ones, you will enjoy it with no feelings of guilt!
What do you need to get started?
- 1 chicken breast
- paprika powder
- 450 grams of veggie mix (I chose eggplant, onions, leek, zucchini, mushroom and red paprika)
- half a pumkin (bottle version)
- 300 grams of corn out of a can
- an oven, an ovenplate (preferably of glas so you can see the layers
- olive oil
- spinach (200 gr out of a can)
- grated cheese (250 grams)
- 3 eggs
Now let’s get to work:
1. take a pan and boil enough water to fit in the pumkin
2. peel of the skin of the pumpkin and cut it in small pieces and put it in the pan with boiled water. Add a teaspoon of salt in the water and let it cook until the pumpkin is soft (feel with a fork). This will take approx. 15 minutes.
3. When the pumkin is ready take a potato crusher and make it into a paste and let it cool of.
4. Wash the corn well so you get rid of the strong flavour of the water it was kept in. Then make it into a paste using your kitchen aid.
5. Take the chicken breast and cut it into small, even pieces (approx 2cm). Take your pan and heat 2 spoons of olive oil before throwing in the pieces of chicken. While stirring, add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 big spoon of kurkuma and 1 teaspoon of paprika powder to it. What a smell right?
(this is a good moment to preheat your oven on 180 Celcius!)
6. Last piece is taking the veggies that you have chosen and cutting them in small squeres of approx. 2 cm. Take in the explosion of colours for a second Heat a pan and stir fry the veggies until they are well done (approx 15-20 min’s). Use the spices to your own taste, but a large spoon of kurkuma and paprika and and a teaspoon of salt and pepper should do it.
7. Take 3 eggs and only take the yolk of them and leave them in a bowl.
Now you have all the parts ready and you can mix them into one of the sweetest no carb dishes you have ever eaten!
8. Take the oven plate/dish and cover it using some olive oil. Don’t forget the sides of the plate!
9. Take the pumpkin paste and cover the bottom of the dish
10. Second layer are the vegetables.
11. Third layer is the corn paste
12. Fourth layer is the spinach
13. Fifth layar is the chicken
14. Cover your dish using the yolk and finally spread the cheese all over the top.
Done! Now you only have to gently slide the dish into the oven and wait for 15 minutes.
Take your dish and be honest: a sweet smell but it’s an explosion in your mouth enjoy!